Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tim Holtz Inspired Tag

For the very first time, I checked out  Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013 Challenge and I was totally inspired.  I went right out and bought a set of his distressed markers and a few additional items and got started on my tag.  Here are the results.


Love. Love. Love!

First I stamped, and water colored my images.
Also tore the bottom edge, inked edges, added splats to finish this part of the tag,
as shown above.
  Allow to dry.

I added a bit of paint, smashed the ink pad and added some distress stain.
If you do not have a craft sheet, wax paper will do.
Next, you will also need to spritz with water to blend colors.

Drag piece through paint, stain and ink. Allow to dry
or speed drying time with heat gun.

Drag tag through remaining mix. 

Stamp over colored tag.


Add large grommet and ribbons.
Note.  I spritzed the lace and ribbon to
make it look more distressed and match my tag.
I heated the ribbon to help it dry faster, which also curled the lace.
Love the look. 

FINI!

A closer look. 

Don't forget to come back because there's more!

Comments are welcome and cheered!


2 comments :

  1. I really love the look of this! You are becoming quite the mixed-media artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! The technique is wonderful...just love this tag!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...