Friday, February 1, 2013

The Color of LOVE

This week the Bloggers' Challenge over at SOC is to create anything you like using the colors red, black and white.  As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew I was in!  I love that color combination and thought..easy.  Well, here is my creation, a card.  I had fun with this, using tools and techniques I have not used in quite some time.

Here's what I did:  I painted the background with a bit of red and then smeared black ink on top, to go behind the heart to make it "pop," along with stickles on the wings.  I stamped and embossed the letters and the winged heart.  I wanted black metal hearts at top left but did not have any.  Therefore, I sanded some silver, metal, heart snaps, wiped them across a black ink pad and then dipped them into my black embossing powder and heated, to create black hearts.   I love how they turned out.  I frayed the ribbon to keep the look a bit shabby chic.

I really love this card and took numerous photos to try to highlight it.  I really don't think this photo does it justice.  As soon, as I showed it to my dh, he said, "That's beautiful."  Wow!  That really made me smile, since he usually says, "that's nice" or "it's cute." So glad he likes it seeing that in 13 more days he'll be seeing it again..with a special note inside.  LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  See ya next week with another crafty creation!



11 comments :

  1. I love the techniques you used on this card. So many nice details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! This is such a chic card...love the techniques used...just everything about it...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and so romantic! also very classy. i love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card. I may need to revisit painting on my papercrafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab card. Love the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, like the paint, heart with the wings and the key/lock charm. I may just borrow that idea for a project, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and unique!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you with all those techniques! :D They came together perfectly! Your hubby better act surprised when he sees it again...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors and details are awesome!!! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out great and I like your use of many different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of elements you used, especially the lock charm and the embossed hearts! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...