Friday, June 8, 2012

Plan to Succeed!

It's the weekend, baby and it's time to get ready!  Get ready for my Clean Eating Challenge!  It starts Monday, June 11 and originally I said we were going for 2 weeks but I think I'm going for 3.  Research shows that  if you make a change for 3 weeks/28 days you are more likely to stick with it...it becomes a habit.  So, let's do it!

It's time for me to get serious and get back to my healthy "rules" of living.  I'm hoping many of you may join me in getting healthier and happier...making positive changes in your life that can positively affect your health.

As you know, I'm a planner.  And this challenge will be no different.  Each weekend, I will plan my eating for the week.  I suggest you do the same.  It'll help this to be less stressful.  It'll be out there in front of you, clearly.  You won't have to spend each day wondering what each meal will bring.

Here is the challenge again.

The rules for Week 1:

  • No processed white flour or white sugar.
  • No fast foods.
  • No High Fructose Corn Syrup.
  • No Trans Fats (hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils).
  • No Alcohol.
(When I cut white flour and white sugar from my diet...the weight began to fall off!!!)



Challenge 1!  Plan your meals and go grocery shopping!  Be ready for Monday!


What's on my shopping list:

  • Lean chicken, turkey, beef and/or fish
  • Veggies...fresh or frozen
  • Mixed greens for salads
  • Fruits...fresh or frozen
  • Eggs
  • Cheese
  • Beans/Lentils
  • Nuts/Seeds
  • 70% Cacao...Dark Chocolate
  • Whole Grain items, ie pasta, bread, whole grain brown rice. (must read 100% Whole Wheat) NO MADE WITH WHOLE GRAINS.  Read the labels and ingredients...no enriched white, wheat flour.


On Sunday, I will actually plan my meals and shop according to the plan...but it will consist of items from above.  My breakfast and lunches are pretty much always the same...smoothies, omelettes, soups, salads...so I really don't have to do much planning for those, it's the dinners I must think about.

Happy planning!  See ya Monday!
And be sure to stay tuned for updates throughout the 3 weeks!

Have a great weekend.





I  when you leave comments!






No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...