Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's Time for a Detox!!!

After a weekend with the girls and taking meds for my root canal and then for my crown lengthening I'm feeling very much like my body could use a good detox.  


If you know me then you know, my preference is natural but sometimes we gotta do, what we gotta do...especially when it comes to pain and preventing infection.  So pop those pills I did.  Now it's time to give my liver a break and possibly jump start my next round of weight loss.


Detox???  Are you thinking about some crazy ass regimen, like drinking my calories all day long?  Well I'm not.  Guess what?   You can detoxify your body without starving or following some outrageous program or scarfing down handfuls of supplements!

"You’ll find that there’s no need for you to fast, subsist on juice or swallow a fistful of exotic supplements. Doing a healthy detox is mostly a matter of eliminating processed, heavy and potentially irritating foods and drinks from your diet for a number of days, and instead, taking in mostly fresh, organic produce; clean proteins; healthy fats; and pure water.
You thereby give your body the nutritional support it needs to heal  accumulated damage and to rid itself of toxic burdens.
Typical benefits include a marked increase in energy; accelerated healing; reduced puffiness, stuffiness, bloating and digestive distress; clearer skin and eyes; and even clearer-headed thinking."   Bahram Akradi, Experience Life Magazine
The plan we(dh is all in!) are going to follow is "The UltraSimple Slimdown."  You can find it here on the Experience Life web site.  Experience Life is one of my favorite magazines.  


CONFESSION:  WE PLAN TO DO THE PREP WEEK FOR 2 WEEKS.  HOWEVER IN WEEK 2 WE WILL REMOVE THE OTHER ITEMS LISTED ON THE AVOID LIST...GLUTEN, DAIRY, CHEESE ETC.   JUST REMOVING PROCESSED FOODS, WHITE FLOUR, SUGAR, FAST FOODS MAKES FOR GREAT CHANGES IN YOUR HEALTH!
I don't think this will be tough for us...since we have already cut out processed foods, white flour, white sugar from our household.  We don't have it in the house but we do occasionally indulge when we go out or are invited to other's homes, on the weekend...but not next week...gotta be strong!  
I hope some of you will consider joining me.  I guarantee your body will thank you for it...barring any prohibitive health conditions.


NEXT WEEK WE START THE PREPARATION WEEK!  THEN THE TRUE DETOX THE FOLLOWING WEEK!  FOLLOW ALONG ALL WEEK HERE!
Please be sure to check with you doctor before starting any diet/healthy eating plan.  Remember, that I am NOT a doctor or nutritionist..these are simply things I have tried that worked for me.  Please be sure you check with your own doctor and/or nutrition counselors.



I  when you leave comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...