Thursday, March 29, 2012

EnJOY Extra Fruits and Veggies with This Simple Tip

Make a smoothie!  Seriously, you can have a wonderful, sweet treat while getting in some fruits and veggies in too!

To me having a good smoothie is like having dessert.  Quite often, I make enough to fill two cups.  I divide it and save a cup for later.  And it's the perfect afternoon treat for me.

Here's how:  
Blend together 1 banana, 1 1/2 cups of your favorite fruits(I use frozen strawberries, blueberries and mangoes, most often...for a thick, frosty smoothie) and 1 cup of soy milk.   To add veggies, try including 1 cup of fresh spinach.  The sweetness of the fruit will take over...you won't even notice that the spinach is in the smoothie!  YUMMMMMMYYY!

Another favorite is to use frozen cherries.  Cherries are one of my favorite fruits and they make for one delicious smoothie!  Remember, you can change it up.  Have a smoothie several times a week or each day and try different fruit combinations each day.

Today Reason to Believe: Because you can enJOY something sweet and nutritious!  Smoothies ROCK!

EnJOY,

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...