Fruits and vegetables are a staple of a healthy lifestyle. They can add a bit of bulk to your meals without adding bulk to your waistline! Keeping you satisfied and trim!
Aim for three to five servings per day.
Here are a few tips to help you easily add more fruits and vegetables to your daily menu:
- Add sliced fruit to your breakfast, lunch and/or dinner plate.
- Blend an all natural smoothie at home. Just choose your favorite fruits about one cup, add a banana, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1/2 cup crushed ice and a tablespoon of Agave(all natural sweetener) and blend for a filling breakfast. Need more bulk, add some low fat yogurt.
- Load up sandwiches with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions or other favorite vegetables.
- Trade in one or more meals per week or per day and substitute with a BIG salad. Add Newman's All Natural Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette (Only 45 calories, 4 g fat and 0 fiber for 2 tablespoons). Add three or four ounces of grilled chicken or fish and you are set.
- Next time you sit down for a meal, make sure to add your fruits and vegetables.
Reminder: A good rule of thumb is that half your plate should be vegetables.
Today's Reason to Believe: Because you can EAT and lose weight!
Yes, you can eat and be completely satiated without adding bulk to your waistline by adding fruits and veggies to your meals.
How do you make sure you get in your fruits and vegetables? Share your ideas.