Monday, October 25, 2010

Tips for a Healthy Halloween

The other day while walking through my neighborhood, I met a few neighbors along the way.  One neighbor had a large, opened bag of chocolates in her hand and asked, "You are so disciplined.  Can you take this home and keep it for me until Halloween?"  She thought it was too much of a temptation.  My first thought was why in the world was the bag opened already.  Not a good idea.  This made me think it would be a good idea to share a few tips for getting through the Halloween Hoopla that is about to ensue!  Here are my favorite Halloween Survival Tips:

  1. Buy candy on Friday or Saturday of this week.  It'll save you on calories and on your wallet.  Deep discounts will already be in place.
  2. Try buying candy you do NOT like.  Unlike most people who often choose candies they enjoy.
  3. Give more candy to each child, especially has the night moves on.
  4. Don't open candy until Halloween, just as Trick or Treaters begin to arrive.
  5. Buy slimming treats. Treats that are easy on your waistline.   A few of my favorites are Blow Pops and Tootsie Pops, Tootsie Rolls and Jelly Beans.
  6. Give out non-candy items; pens, pencils, crayons, mini coloring books, pumpkins or toys.
  7. If having the kids stash around is a problem for you, have children pick their favorites and then give away the rest, share at school or in the office.
Have a Happy, Healthy, Halloween!





My siggy

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...