- Buy candy on Friday or Saturday of this week. It'll save you on calories and on your wallet. Deep discounts will already be in place.
- Try buying candy you do NOT like. Unlike most people who often choose candies they enjoy.
- Give more candy to each child, especially has the night moves on.
- Don't open candy until Halloween, just as Trick or Treaters begin to arrive.
- Buy slimming treats. Treats that are easy on your waistline. A few of my favorites are Blow Pops and Tootsie Pops, Tootsie Rolls and Jelly Beans.
- Give out non-candy items; pens, pencils, crayons, mini coloring books, pumpkins or toys.
- If having the kids stash around is a problem for you, have children pick their favorites and then give away the rest, share at school or in the office.
Have a Happy, Healthy, Halloween!