Saturday, April 20, 2013

Someone Special?

My birthday week was December 1 thru December 8, 2012.  During that week we celebrated each day.  At the start of the week, my sweet husband bought me a beautiful, bouquet of flowers.  I placed it on our table and each night as we ate dinner I enjoyed those beautiful flowers, the colors, the scents, the beauty.  From that moment on I told myself that I wanted fresh flowers on the table each week.  It is now April 20 and there have been fresh flowers on the table each week since that wonderful birthday week in December.

It's funny, no matter where I go, when I get to the cashier, they always ask, "Is this for someone special?"  My reply is always, "Yes, they are for me.  I'm very special."  They smile but don't seem to know where to go from there.  Some agree and some just say, "Oh."  

Here are this week's flowers:


Yes. I am special enough to buy myself flowers!  So worth it and so well-loved.  I am also special enough to put good things in my body.  We always have the choice.  

On Sunday, I truly did not feel like cooking. However, we needed to eat.  We toyed with the idea of buying something while out.  We settled on buying a rotisserie chicken at our local grocer and I planned to side it with vegetables.  However, once I got to the store, read the ingredients, took note of the sodium, I just could do it.  I could NOT purchase and eat that chicken or feed it to my wonderful husband.  Therefore, I decided that I would prepare a salad and could add chicken cooked at home, which would be a much healthier choice, than anything store bought.  Luckily, I am the queen of freezing leftovers.  We had chicken thighs in the freezer.  I thawed and topped this delicious salad with the chicken. 


Can you say, WINNER!  Yeh!
Boiled eggs, feta and avocado made this salad delish!

When given a choice...choose YOU! 

Have a great weekend!



1 comment :

  1. Beautiful flowers Classygirl! I have come to the realization that it is all about me when it comes to my health and once again I am taking it one day at a time and making small changes...thanks Classygirl for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...