Here is my creation. It's a simple ornament/flower which can actually be used now, as part of a bit of "Spring Happiness." I chose blue because I love this shade and I have 2 more shades each one lighter than the last and thought it would be cute to make one in each color to hang in my craft room.
This ornament/flower was very simple to make. Here are the steps:
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll
- Wet glue that dries fairly quickly.
- Colored floss
- Paper Piercer
- Flatten toilet paper roll
- Mark at about ever 1/2 inch or a little less
- Cut at each 1/2 mark spot, to create the petals.
- Adhere together 1 petal at a time with the wet glue. Be sure to hold together each set of petals to make sure they adhere to one another.
- Poke hole through top petal, using paper piercer. Thread floss through hole and tie a knot. Be sure to leave a loop on top of the petal for ease of hanging.
- Next apply glue to the edges/outer layer of a petal or two.
- Pour glitter over petal (I poured over a tray with a spout so I could easily pour the glitter back into the container).
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all petals are covered.
Ideas to note: I love the little bubbles of glitter created by clumps of glue. Also, try painting the petals or covering with patterned paper and/or adding bling for a unique look.