I love how it turned out and think this would be a great idea for the holidays. This year at Christmas time I may alter some boxes, using Christmas paper and add some trail mix or other sweet treat, as cute little gifts for my neighbors and a few friends.
Here are a few tips for creating your own altered soap box:
- Be sure to open the box fully on all sides.
- Ink the edges to prevent the "white" for showing on the edges (I actually forgot this step...to busy running my mouth with crafting with friends. LOL!)
- Adhere the box outside down on the paper you are going to alter it with, being sure you are adhering it to the back of the paper so the pattern shows on the outside of the box.
- Glue the box back together...leave the top open...add goodies
- Or leave the top open but fold down into the box and add pens, flowers or other tall items.