Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Final 15..Day 2!

Yesterday was a GOOD day.  I did well. I must admit I had a moment of, "I wish I had some kind of chips or a sweet snack."  And then I grabbed my knife and cut up some watermelon, pineapple, mango and peaches.  The fruit is soooo delicious, sweet and easily accessible that my worries/wants disappeared.

Quick tip: Make your own Mango Water!
Mangoes are sweet and delicious but when you cut them up(at least for me)there is too much fruit left on the seed.  Drop, the seed into a BIG glass around 16-20 ounces, take a spoon and press it to release some of the juices, add cool water, refrigerate overnight.  In the morning you'll have a nice mango flavored water to sip throughout the day.  YUM!

I also started thinking about other great snacks I can have like, edamame; red, yellow or orange peppers with hummus, avocado with steamed veggies or beans.  I'm setting myself up for success!

How do you have your veggies as a snack?  I really am not a fan of raw veggies, so it has been a little challenging for me to think of veggies as snacks, but I'm trying.  I do get plenty in, during the day with a big salad at lunch and often 2 at dinner time.

On to day 2!


The menu:
Breakfast: Spinach and feta omelette
Lunch: Mixed greens, mandarin oranges, raisins and grilled chicken
Snacks: Fruit, edamame, yogurt, dark chocolate
Dinner: Baked chicken and veggies
Plenty of H2O (mango flavored, lemon flavored and plain!)

Exercise: Kickboxing!

I'm on my way!


Check out yesterday's menu, exercise and thoughts for the day!


Your HEALTH is your WEALTH!






I  it when you leave comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...