|Photo by Michelle Meiklejohn|
5 Habits That Are Making You Fat!
- Low Fat Label Lover - The problem: Low fat labels make you think you can eat more. Low fat often equals more salt, sugar and flour. The solution: Be careful when eating from a bag or a box. Read labels, practice portion control.
- Eating With Others - The problem: The more people you eat with, the more you eat. You see their food, you eat more. Just eating with 2 other people causes most people to eat 75% more. The solution: Pace yourself with the slowest eater or be the slowest eater at the table.
- Meal Multitasker - The problem: you are not aware of how much you are eating when you are eating while doing something else. The solution: Take 15 minutes out of your day to sit at the table and enJOY your meal.
- Eating Directly Out of the Package - The problem: There is no way you can approximate the # of servings you are having. When eating out of the package you eat on average 134 calories more. The solution: Put single servings in ziploc bags. Grab a bag when you want a snack.
- Using Artificial Sweeteners - The problem: Disrupts your regulatory system and makes you crave sweets. It desensitizes your taste buds, which causes you to eat more. The solution: Wean yourself off of artificial sweeteners, instead use natural sweeteners like agave, honey, coconut sap sugar.
Sound familiar??? Which are you guilty of? Which will you set a goal to change?
Have a Happy, HEALTHY day,