Many of you are probably thinking I just need to be more mindful. However, being "mindful" doesn't work. That's the old familiar "willpower" attitude and you know what I say, "Willpower is not enough, you've got to change our lifestyle!" You've got to make your environment conducive to your goals.
To make eating less easy, try these great ideas:
- Eat from a smaller plate. Choose a salad plate to hold your dinner. Statistics show we do indeed eat less when we eat from a smaller plate.
- Use smaller bowls and cups.
- Buy your snacks in bulk and separate into small single serving snack bags. Even if you buy a 3 serving bag, separate it into snack bags...if you eat from the bag you'll finish the 3 servings before you know it!
- When eating family style meals, be sure the healthy items are those placed on the table, leave higher fat, caloric foods on the stove or counter. The average person eats more when foods are on the table, make them healthy or simply choose NOT to place foods on the table.
- Be sure that the first thing you see in your refrigerator, cabinets and pantry are healthy foods. Studies show that we eat what we see first.