Friday, April 29, 2011

Food for Thought

"My kids are the most important part of my life, and, like every mom, I want to nourish them with the best, most healthy food possible," says Sheryl Crow.

"It's also important to me that my children eat the same dishes I do.  That's the way it was when I was a kid.  I remember when one of us would complain about wanting something other than what we having for that meal.  My mother would say, 'Do I look like a short-order cook?'"

I LOVE this excerpt as read in Prevention Magazine.  It seems she is one of few parents who loves their children enough to make sure they are actually being nourished and taught healthy lifestyle skills.

Most often when it comes to weight loss and making lifestyle changes, I hear or read people saying it's hard for me because my kids like cookies, chips, fast food, etc.  All those same things that have contributed to morbid obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and quite often the person's personal struggles with health.

Lucky for us all, there are so many healthy choices available, quick and easy recipes and tasty treats.   This should NEVER be a mothers excuse!  Even when it takes a bit of work!  Aren't you worth it?  Aren't your kids worth it?

What happened to that tough love?  What happened to actually loving your children enough to make sure they are healthy and showing them how.

Love your heart, love yourself...love your children,
My siggy

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...