Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quote for today - Are you being honest?

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down... 

I can recall the days, years ago..one of the many times I had half-heartedly "attempted" to do the Weight Watchers Program.  I would arrive at the meeting, step on the scale only to be "surprised" that my pounds had not gone down or had actually gone up.  I would lie to myself and say, well I wrote everything down and thought I did well.  Really?  Everything?  What about that sweet tea?  What about those nibbles while cooking?  What about the extra cookie?  Did you get that bag of chips?  NO!  I felt like a little daily sneak wouldn't show up on the scale.  I mean it was small...what could it hurt.  Hahahahaha!  Yeh, right.


I can recall the days when I would say, "I really don't eat that much."  Really?  How would you know?  However, once I started writing it down...it became real.  I ate much more than I thought.  My portions were too big and I had more breads/carbs than anything.  Hardly, any fruits and veggies.  But somehow, I thought I would lose weight, while being clueless.  


I tried many times to keep up with my menu "in my head" only to wake up, week after week with the same pounds sitting there and quite often a few more added.  Nothing changed much until I started to plan my menu and honestly journal.


So ladies it's true..


Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down...  


Don't lie to yourself!  Your body knows!  Let's keep it real!


My siggy

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...