Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mix flavors for a healthy, tasty taco



It's Tuesday so you know what that means...it's my weekly weigh in!

But first let me share this tasty treat with you.  This past week I had been craving tacos...perhaps it's because of Cinco de Mayo...hmmmm?  I don't know.  Anyway, craving tacos but not wanting any store bought and also not wanting to have the typical taco or use the typical seasoning packet.  What's in that little seasoning packet that leaves your meat way too salty and overly seasoned?

I decided I'd give it a go on my own.   I seasoned my ground turkey with garlic, cumin and an organic all purpose season mix.  I found some really delicious 100% whole grain wraps with oat and honey.  I topped the wrap with a little bit Chihuahua cheese, ground turkey, avocado, sun-dried tomato and a dollop of sour cream.  What resulted was simply a palate pleaser.  YUM! YUM! YUM!

I suggest you give it a try or get creative and try something different that leaves you happy, satisfied and healthy.

And now for my weigh in results....drum roll please I am down 3lbs this week!  Hallelujah!  I love it!  So thrilled.  Measuring, walking, weight lifting and keeping my hands busy by crafting is really working in my favor.

How was your week?  What new "healthy" recipes have you tried lately?

Muah!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...