Thursday, April 4, 2013

Vegetarian???

For as long as I can remember, I have been threatened my husband with a once a week vegetarian dinner.  He is always game but I never come through!  I love my lean protein...chicken, turkey, lean beef and salmon.  When I sit down for lunch and dinner I cannot imagine making a meal with no meat. Ordering a vegetarian meal at a restaurant...unheard of!

Well this past weekend, I did it.  Not only did we go out for dinner, at Seed Kitchen and Bar but I bypassed the filet and the lamb, two of my absolute favorites when eating out.  I just did not want to eat meat!  What the what?

I ordered Sweet Potato Ravioli and a side of Caramelized Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower.  While I enjoyed it, I thought it was too sweet!  One of those wonderful benefits of no longer living a "sugar" laden existence!  Things are now too salty or too sweet...keeps me in line and I LOVE it!



I must admit that I truly enjoyed having a vegetarian meal.  Surprise!  I think I just might add a few vegetarian dinner recipes to the list!

And the next time, I'm at Seed I just might try the Vegetables of the Season meal, which my friend Laurie ordered.  I sampled and it was delicious!  Quinoa, Broccoli Rabe, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Kale and Collards mixture.  YUM!


Do you eat vegetarian dinners?  Got a few good recipes?  Share.

By the way it's a new week and I'm down a pound!  Yes!  Now to keep it off and add to it!





No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...