Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Delicious? Deception?

Ok...so I've heard again and again how good Magnum's are.  They are the best.  To die for.  A must try. I've resisted for more than a year.  However, temptation finally got the best of me.

This weekend, while cropping with my girl's at Archiver's, I decided to treat the group to Magnums.  Off to the store I go.  I was having serious chocolate cravings.  You know the kind where you want chocolate, chocolate with a little side of chocolate!  As I looked at the various sizes mini and regular, flavors in chocolate with mint, chocolate almond, chocolate with mocha, chocolate with vanilla..I knew that for me size mattered...none of that mini junk for me.  I want one BIG HAPPY chocolate treat. (Is it me or is there something not right about the name of these bars?  I don't know about you but I'm not thinking about ice cream when I think of Magnums? D'oh!) So I chose the Milk Chocolate with some kind of chocolate sauce over chocolate ice cream and also the Dark Chocolate with Vanilla Bean ice cream.  Thank goodness for $1.50 off coupons. Those babies cost $4.49 for 3 and there were 7 of us.  So, I make my purchase and head back to the crop.  I'm anxious but I wait until about 5 hours later to have it as dessert, after dinner.

The girls are excited.  One by one we each have our Magnum, most for the 1st time.  The look of pleasure on their faces was a moment to savor.  The mmmmm's were plentiful...except for one!  Can you guess who that would be?  Yep, yours truly.  NOT IMPRESSED!  I chose the chocolate, chocolate with more chocolate and guess what it wasn't chocolatey enough.  It didn't have that yummy, deep chocolate taste I so needed, wanted, had to have it.  I think now that I have changed my lifestyle, I am quite particular about my treats and honestly, dark chocolate makes me so much happier than milk chocolate.

I saved a Dark Chocolate with Vanilla Bean one for myself and one for my hubby for the next day.  The results remain the same and he even asked, "What's the big deal?"  I really don't know.  I think Haagen Dahz Bars are better.

With that said, I need to report my weigh in results for the week...after indulging in not one but two Magnums, a taco salad (I didn't eat the shell), nacho chips, and a handful of salt and vinegar chips(oh sooooo good).  Needless, to say, I'm up a pound and I have enjoyed a tummy ache for about 3 days after that.  When you clean up your health and eating you just can't indulge in a "pot of crap!"  It's a lesson I seem to want to teach myself at least once a year.  It's a good, quick reminder to stay the course and to remember why it's important.

Anyway, I'm back on track and by Monday, I plan to shake the feeling of being a fatty, fat, fat, fatty, fat!  LOL!

Geeez...that's so NOT classy!




2 comments :

  1. It was so nice of you to treat us so I'm not complaining about a thing! Maybe not the best ice cream bar I've ever had but a treat is a treat and it was yummy enough for me at the time. Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A treat indeed..but we'll have to try something different next time. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...