Thursday, April 11, 2013

Adventures in Dining Out!

You know my husband and I LOVE to dine out.  Just about every weekend we go out or sometimes, grab something to eat in.

This past weekend we tried Stax Burger Bar.  By the name I'm sure you can guess they serve a variety of burgers, with unique combinations and toppings.   This place came quite HIGHLY recommended by a friend.  So we had to give it a try.

I knew immediately, that I was going to get the Dark Chocolate Milkshake.    What can I say, I often look at the dessert menu first.  We don't keep this stuff in the house, so a treat now and then is on the list of things to do.  Once I read it was made with Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream, I was completely sold! It came topped with burnt marshmallows.  I wasn't crazy about the charred taste of the marshmalows but the milkshake made up for it.  While I'm not sure I thought it tasted like dark chocolate, it had a good, rich chocolate flavor, which is exactly what I was looking for!  Yum!


For my meal, I ordered the Lamb Burger it was topped with roasted red peppers, mushrooms, olive salad, mustard and rosemary dressing.  It comes with 2 patties.  Sounds like a lot but the patties were pretty thin, so not too overwhelming. I also always remove the top bun.  I love lamb and thought it was pretty good.



To complement my burger I ordered hand-cut sweet potato fries.  Tasty.


Now, to be sure I don't over do it when I eat out, I typically will only eat 1/2 of my meal and I will share a dessert.  No appetizers.  If I'm having dessert, I don't need an appetizer, as well.  I cut my burger in half immediately, shared my milkshake with my husband, but I admit I ate the entire serving of sweet potato fries.  Fries aren't the best when leftover.  LOL!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, it was a nice treat but won't be on our list of places to frequent.

Today, I am glad to report, I had a wonderful weekend and I am down an additional 1.6 lbs.

Moderation and planning means you can still enjoy dining out and eating the foods you love!

Have a healthy "adventurous" day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...