Monday, March 12, 2012

Auntie Anne's???? You Decide!

Robert's birthday is coming up and he received a coupon from Auntie Anne's for a FREE pretzel.  Buy one, get one free!  Whoa!  Who doesn't LOVE Auntie Anne's Pretzels???

Well, as you know we have removed white flour and white sugar from our life...for the most part.  Yes, we do occasionally enjoy a treat.  However, we NEVER buy it for our home.

Anyway, this past weekend we decided to cash in on that coupon!  Yehya.  I was excited to get a pretzel.  Afterall, I haven't had one in quite some time.   Off to the mall we go, get our pretzels, do a bit a shopping and return home with the goods.  I bite off bits of my pretzel here and there...sure to save at least 1/2 for dessert.  After dinner, I sit down to enjoy my newly heated pretzel only to find...YUCK...this thing is way to sweet!  I don't like this very much.  I remove as much cinnamon and sugar as I can, leaving behind quite a nice collection.  Ewwwwww!  It's grossing me out!

This is a moment that has happened to me over and over again, since making my lifestyle change!  And I welcome it!  There are so many things I once enjoyed that I no longer enjoy.  It seems once you remove all the sugar and salt, processed food...your taste buds become more sensitive...the sugary, salty treats taste extreme, and to me not so good. I LOVE it.  Why?  It means I've truly made a change.  I've adjusted to that change.  I accept that change and I get to lead a much healthier life.  Yay!

Day 12 Reason to Believe: You can make lasting, healthy changes...big or small!

What changes have you made with lasting effects or effects you hadn't expected?  What changes do you hope to make?

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...