Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekly Weigh In - Weight Watchers' Points Plus

My last weigh in was Friday, February 17 and I came in at 1/2 pound down.  Yay!  Seeing that the week before I was up 2lbs, 1/2 lb down makes me happy!

The week before I had a serious attack of the munchies and I gave in.  I am never surprised when I weigh in.  I am always honest about what my week was like.  I track everything so I typically have an idea if I am going to be up or down.  However, I must admit that I was surprised that I was up 2 lbs!  YIKES! I did use all of my 49 points plus and I started using some of my activity points, as well.  I won't be doing that again!  LOL!

Anyway, at my Weight Watchers' meeting we discussed eating out.  I was surprised to see that some people eat away from home 4-7 days per week.  I personally, have found that making a lifestyle change has been essential in losing weight and maintaining over 100 lbs down.  For me that change included, eating out less.  We now only eat out 1-2x per week.  When we do eat out there are a few things I must always keep in mind.  Here are a few tips and tricks I use to make eating out healthier, fun and easy on my waist line!
  • Know Before You Go!  Check restaurant web sites for menu listings.  Choose your meal and calculate points before you go.
  • Choose bread or dessert but not both. Or skip them altogether.
  • Choose broth or vegetable based soups.
  • Get sauces/dressings on the side and avoid cream based sauces. Dip your fork in the sauce or dressing rather than pouring over your dish/salad.
  • Choose grilled or roasted meat, fish or poultry.
  • Ask for steamed veggies, rather than those sauteed in oil or butter.
  • Eat slowly. Put down your fork between bites. This will allow your brain to register when you are full so you do not overeat. Stop eating once you are satisfied, not full!
  • Ask for half the meal to be packed in a "doggie bag" immediately. What you don't see, you won't eat.
  • Order fruit or sorbet for dessert. If you've just got to have a "fatty" dessert, share with your table mates and only take a couple of bites.
  • Eat less during the day.  Save up your points for dinner and/or use your weekly allowance points to enjoy your meal out.
What are your tips for eating at restaurants. Share.


Next, weigh in will be this coming Saturday, February 25!

Have a happy, healthy week!






No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...