I've weighed in for the week! Want to know the results? Watch the video and get some great tips for tips for making it through the holiday without a gain or just check out the tips below!
Tips for surviving the Thanksgiving Holiday withOUT a gain!
- Set your goal. Decide what you want to do: gain, lose or stay the same. Write it down!
- Plan your work. Work your plan.
- Know what is being served for dinner. Get the points plus values for the items you plan to have. See below for a few of the traditional Thanksgiving Feast Foods.
- Save your extra points for Thanksgiving Day.
- Remember it is just another day, another meal. You don't have to eat the WHOLE thing.
- Get up and take a walk. Go for a jog. Exercise to gain some activity points.
- Focus on friends and family and the time you have together, NOT the food.
- Get busy..dance(my favorite), play, laugh, share.
- Have fun!
To help you get started here are a few of Points Plus Values for some of the traditional Thanksgiving Feast Foods:
- 1/2 cup of stuffing- 5 points plus
- 4 ounces of turkey – 4 points plus
- 1/4 cup gravy – 3 points plus
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes – 3 points plus
- 1/2 cup sweet potato souffle – 5 points plus
- 1 cup Green Bean Casserole – 6 points plus
- 1/8 slice of Pumpkin Pie – 8 points plus
- 1/8 slice of Apple Pie – 11 points plus
- 1/8 slice of Pecan Pie – 14 points plus
Whoa! Lucky for me...I don't like most of these. I bolded the items I would have...really not a fan of the others. I like my veggies as veggies..no casseroles or gravies. If this was the menu served at my dinner I'd only use 18-22 points...and seeing that I LOVE smoothies for breakfast...I could quite possibly make it through the day staying within my 29 points range! And yes, my points would include either a 1/2 slice or a whole slice of pumpkin pie!
Anyway, what fun tips and tricks do you use for getting through "eating" during the holidays? Share.
Next, leave a comment. Share with a friend.