Saturday, November 19, 2011

Weight Watchers - Holiday Survival Tips

Hello All,


I've weighed in for the week!  Want to know the results?  Watch the video and get some great tips for tips for making it through the holiday without a gain or just check out the tips below!






Tips for surviving the Thanksgiving Holiday withOUT a gain!

  • Set your goal.  Decide what you want to do: gain, lose or stay the same.  Write it down!
  • Plan your work. Work your plan.
  • Know what is being served for dinner.  Get the points plus values for the items you plan to have.  See below for a few of the traditional Thanksgiving Feast Foods.
  • Save your extra points for Thanksgiving Day.
  • Remember it is just another day, another meal.  You don't have to eat the WHOLE thing.
  • Get up and take a walk. Go for a jog.  Exercise to gain some activity points.
  • Focus on friends and family and the time you have together, NOT the food.
  • Get busy..dance(my favorite), play, laugh, share.
  • Have fun!

To help you get started here are a few of Points Plus Values for some of the traditional Thanksgiving Feast Foods:

  • 1/2 cup of stuffing- 5 points plus
  • 4 ounces of turkey – 4 points plus
  • 1/4 cup gravy – 3 points plus
  • 1/2 cup mashed potatoes – 3 points plus
  • 1/2 cup sweet potato souffle – 5 points plus
  • 1 cup Green Bean Casserole – 6 points plus
  • 1/8 slice of Pumpkin Pie – 8 points plus
  • 1/8 slice of Apple Pie – 11 points plus
  • 1/8 slice of Pecan Pie – 14 points plus

Whoa!  Lucky for me...I don't like most of these.  I bolded the items I would have...really not a fan of the others.  I like my veggies as veggies..no casseroles or gravies.  If this was the menu served at my dinner I'd only use 18-22 points...and seeing that I LOVE smoothies for breakfast...I could quite possibly make it through the day staying within my 29 points range!  And yes, my points would include either a 1/2 slice or a whole slice of pumpkin pie!

Anyway, what fun tips and tricks do you use for getting through "eating" during the holidays? Share.

Next, leave a comment. Share with a friend.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...