Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Grilled Chicken & Veggie Sandwich

It's time for another recipe. This is a Grilled Chicken and Veggie Sandwich. I used whatever veggies I had in my fridge.

I used half a yellow pepper
a slice of sweet onion
2 slices of zuchinni
sliced mushrooms
a chicken breast seasoned with garlic and herb seasoning
a chiabatta bun
Trader Joe's garlic mustard aioli or mayo







Spray the grill pan with non stick spray and preheat over medium heat. Add the veggies and the chicken to the pan. Don't move them for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is done. You should have nice grill marks on the food, just like you see here. I had to slice my chicken breast in half to make sure it was done all the way through.









Assemble your sandwich and enjoy.

You could top your sandwich with some fresh mozzarella cheese and melt it under the broiler.

You could also toast your bun if you desire.




Feel free to substitute any grillable veggies in your fridge. A slice of grilled pineapple, a whole portabello mushroom, or sliced eggplant would make good substitutions.
If you have a minute, be sure to check out last week's recipe, Breakfast Buritto. It's a good one.
Until next week,
Happy Healthy Eating!
Becca

2 comments :

  1. Lovely recipe. I'm def. trying this one - so simple and healthy.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy Becca, think I'll try it out this weekend...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...