Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Recipe Wednesday--Baked Apple


It's Wednesday again, so it's time for another recipe from my kitchen to yours. This week, I'm feeding my sweet tooth. Do you have one?

I love apple pie, but I don't want to consume all of the fat and calories in a traditional slice of pie. When I have an apple pie craving, I make a low calorie, simple baked apple. It's cooked in the microwave in minutes so it's quick and easy and delicious!




Baked Apple

1 crisp apple, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 packet of sweetner of choice (Truvia, Splenda, Equal)

Place sliced apple in a glass bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetner. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.


Make sure you check out last week's recipe, Tequilla Lime Chicken Burger. It's yummy!
Becca

3 comments :

  1. sounds yummy will give it a try this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to try this. Was wanting something sweet and did not want to be bad. This was yummy. I added a spoonful of fat free cool whip. Delightful!!!
    Thanks for the recipe. Easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I never thought to add some ff whipped topping. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...