Monday, September 6, 2010

Still thinking FAT thoughts?

When will these "fat" thoughts go away?  When will I stop picking up a larger size?  When will I stop feeling like the "big" girl I once was?

This part of the journey, I wasn't prepared for.  However, I accept it and I change it...slowly but surely.  I mean really I've been thinking this way for more than 20 years. Thinking, I'm too big to do this or that, to sit there, to fit in a chair etc..  However, I'm not any longer but I still find myself having a moment where those old "fat" thoughts pop up and try to take over.  I must stop them dead in their tracks and remind myself that I'm not that "fat" girl anymore.  I know some of you can relate.

Just the other day, I went with my neighbor to pick up a used bike she was planning to purchase for her son.  It was a Craig's List purchase.  Therefore, she needed to check out the goods before the deal was sealed.  Anyway, we arrived and the bike was in the driveway.  A good looking bike.  She got out and looked it over.  The owner stepped outside and gave us his take on how wonderful the bike is and reassured her of it's good condition.  However, I thought she should ride it.  You know, test it out before taking it home.  What if the breaks didn't work?  What if the gears didn't change?  You feel me.  So, I ask "don't you want to ride it?"  Her response, "no, do you?"  I stand with hesitation looking at it and my first thought was, "I'm too big(fat) to ride it."  And at that moment, I actually felt a twinge of fear until I snapped myself out of it and replaced my thoughts with...no you are not.  You are no longer that girl.  Your size is just fine and you can ride that bike and then I said, "yes."  And I took it for a spin and another spin when we got home with it.  Woohoo!  I had forgotten, just how much fun riding a bike can be.

You want a little smile/laugh?  Check me out riding the bike below.  Kim, my neighbor/friend did a short video.

And remember big or small, short or tall, thick or thin...don't allow stinkin' thinkin' to ruin your fun or rule your life!  Change those negative thoughts to positive thoughts, right away.  Trust me, you'll enjoy your life so much more!








My siggy

2 comments :

  1. I feel you Tiare, I'm starting to struggle with this as well. I find myself wandering over to the plus size section and realize I don't have to shop there anymore lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...