Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Saying Goodbye.

It’s been about 2 months since I reached my weight loss goal of losing 120lbs and this feeling is still so surreal.  I find myself taking a peek at myself in the mirror often...thinking...is that you?  Is that really you!  LOL!
Although, it’s been fun shopping for this new, SIZE 10 body...size 10...I wear a size 10?  Did you just read that?  Did I just type that?  Wow!  I’m a size 10!  Hallelujah!   I still find myself thinking in larger sizes.  
I find myself still looking in the window of Lane Bryant at the mall and I must remind myself that nothing in there will fit me!  What?  I’ve shopped there for 20 years!  It has been my staple.  Just today, I finally unsubscribed from getting emails from Lane Bryant!  Yay! Goodbye Lane Bryant...Hello World!
I still take an xl and a large in the dressing room, often.  That’s when good girlfriends come in handy.  I try on a large and think it fits just fine and never even consider a medium.  However, on a recent shopping trip a girlfriend brought a large and a medium dress to the fitting room and softly said, “I brought you a medium too...I don’t know...it might fit.”  I think it was her way of saying, “Please try on this medium, that large is just a little too big.”  Hmmmm?  Ok.  Well, guess what it fit!  Woohoo!  Quite nicely at that.
Getting used to the new me will take time and I’m in it for the long haul.
However, today I say goodbye to 20 years of my life!  To 20 years of discomfort!
To PLUS sized clothing, to overeating, to unhappiness!  To 20 years of not knowing, not acknowledging, to numbness, to what I thought was comfort.  
Today I say GOODBYE to a bit of me.
Necessary Losses,
Tiare

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...