Monday, January 1, 2007

Putting Me First. In the Beginning.

For years, I had promised myself that I would not be fat at 40. That I would be fine at 40 and fit for life. I want to grow older gracefully and healthily. I want to look and feel good.
Turning 38 was time to start to make this a reality. So my journey must begin now, January 2007. I had thought many times, “I want to look good enough to be featured in Essence Magazine’s Ageless Issue.” I can do this. I will do this.
So tired of huffing and puffing and carrying this extra weight. Sick of indigestion, tired of bellyaches. It’s time to take action. It’s time to wake up feeling good each day. Looking good is the bonus.
The other day, I was watching Oprah After the Show...I never watch Oprah or After the Show, but for some reason the tv was on Oxygen and dh and I were sitting there and they were talking about taking better care of yourself.
This show just made me so sad. DH and I had a really great conversation afterwards. Basically, they were saying that when you are doing something that is not good for you, you are not truly loving yourself. It centered around different things eating, smoking, drinking etc. anything that could lead to health issues.
They mentioned that life is always trying to give you messages...first in a whisper, then it talks to you, then it yells and then it smacks you in the face! No one wants the smack in the face...cause that's usually the diagnosis of an illness/disease etc. It just made me really think and question why weight loss has been so tough for me. At that moment, I thought I've got to practice my healthier lifestyle each day, it may mean small steps, but small steps make for big changes. I don't know about you but I feel like, I've already had my whisper and my talk....I might be creeping up on being yelled at...so there is no time like the present.
We all sometimes get wrapped up in other things, taking care of others, doing other things and we just feel like there is not enough time in the day. However, there is always time to make a good decision when it comes to our health.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...